This life size sexless torso, composed of 16 parts, is appropriate for any human anatomy course. All of the major organ systems are represented with great attention to accuracy and detail. Structures are numbered and identified on the accompaying key and many additional features are included in the CD-ROM Guide. The head is open, exposing one half of the brain. The neck is dissected ventrally to expose muscular, neural, vascular and glandular structures. The thorax and abdomen are completely open, affording an unrestricted view of the internal organs and structures.
Removable structures include the following:
- Half of the brain, divided along the longitudinal fissure, showing internal structures and blood vessels
- Eyes with optic nerve and extraocular muscles
- Descending thoracic aorta and espphagus
- Right and left lungs showing the bronchial tree and vasculatur
- 2-part heart showing the atria, ventricles, cardiac valves and section through the ventricular heart wall
- Half of one kidney, sectioned along the frontal plane to show the internal structure and vessels
- Kidney, urethra and urinary bladder with prostate (removable in 2 parts)
- Stomach, showing muscular and vascular structures
- Pancreas, duodenum and spleen with vessels and ducts
- Small and large intestine with removable cover over portion of caecum.
Mounted on base.
Size: 89x41x23 cm
Weight: approx. 9235 g