This life size torso is composed of 18 parts, providing a detailed and realistic reproduction of the internal organs. The head is sectioned to expose one half of the brain. The neck is dissected through the ventral surface to show muscular, glandular, vascular and neural structures. The thorax and abdomen are completely open to afford an unrestricted view of internal organs and associated structures. anatomical structures of the major body systems are numbered and identified on the accompanying key; many additional features are pointed out in the pictorial CD-Rom Guide.
Removable components iclude the following:
- half of the brain, divide along the longitudinal fissure to expose internal structures and blood vessels eye with optic nerve and extraocular muscles
- descending thoracic aorta and esophagus
- right and left lungs (2 parts each), showing the bronchial tree and vasculature
- liver with gallbladder
- half of one kidney, sectioned along the frontal plane to show the internal structure and vessels
- 2-part heart showing the atria, ventricles, cardiac valves and section through the ventricular heart wall
- pancreas, duodenum and spleen with vessels and ducts
- small and large intestine with removable window in caecal region
- removable cover in the groin area
Mounted on base.
Size: 89.5x41x23 cm
Weight: approx. 10400 g