This sexless life size torso is composed of 17 parts. Accurate in all of its detailing, this model is appropriate for use in any human anatomy classroom. Anatomical structures of the major body systems are numbered and identified on the accompanyning key, and many additional features are pointed out in the pictioral CD-Rom guide. The head is sectioned to expose one half of the brain. The neck is dissected through the vcentral surface to show muscular, glandural, vascular and neural structures. The thorax and abdomen are completely open to afford an unrestricted view of internal organs and associated structures. The back is dissected revealing the muscular layers, vertebral column, spinal cord and nerve branches. One thoracic vertebra is removable for detailed examination of its structure and association with spinal cord.
Removable parts include the following:
• half of the brain, divided along the longitudinal fissure to show internal structure and blood vessels
• eye with optic nerve and extraocular muscles
• right and left lungs showing the bronchial tree and vasculature
• descending thoracic aorta and esophagus
• 2-part heart showing the atria, ventricles, cardiac valves and section through the ventricular heart wall
• half of one kidney, sectioned along the frontal plain to show the internal structure and vessels
• kidney, urethra and urinary bladder with prostate (removable in two parts)
• stomach showing muscular and vascular structures
• pancreas, duodenum and spleen with vessels and ducts
• small and large intestine with removable cover over portion of caecum
• 12th thoracic vertebrae with spinal cord.
Mounted on base
Size: 89x41x23 cm
Weight: approx. 9000 g